About The Academy
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation.
The Academy is seeking an experienced commercial leader with broad understanding of the health care ecosystem with deep knowledge of the health system provider space. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Commercial Officer will elevate our go-to-market organization by optimizing talent and business processes. The ideal candidate will capitalize on a collaborative and performance driven culture to accelerate growth in line with The Academy’s core values and principles.
Business Development Leadership
- Build a high-performing commercial organization which includes account management, sales, and marketing talent
- Partner with the Academy’s Educational Services colleagues to launch a member success/account management model that improves value and retention
- Design and execute key sales and marketing campaigns focused on growth and utilization
- Install a regular operating rhythm for functions under management. Implement processes, systems and metrics to ensure consistent, reliable achievement of sales targets and member/customer support metrics
- Design and execute key marketing and sales campaigns
- Motivate and lead a team of member/customer success and business development talent
- Mentor the team and continually inspire them to set challenging goals, collaborate with each other and deliver exceptional results
- Be a highly visible and involved leader for the broader employee base, flexing personal style and tone in order to connect with a culturally diverse workforce
- Develop a detailed understanding of the key performance drivers, service offerings and clientele of the business
Sales Operations Leadership
- Partner with finance to build out highly-reliable revenue and sales forecasting model
- Build out commercial operating procedures and playbooks designed to accelerate growth and codify approach
- Assess overall pricing strategy and maximize strategic contribution of members
- Drive SalesForce implementation and adoption, partner with third-party implementation consulting and internal stakeholder to ensure future state serves reporting and analytic needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of experience
- Health Care Experience, particularly in the health system provider market
- Team leadership of at least 10 people
- Experience leading multiple commercial functions (sales, account management, sales operations, marketing)
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Sara Davies, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about The Health Management Academy, please visit www.academynet.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.