About The Academy
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain
national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation.
The Content Specialist is a key member of The Academy’s Research & Advisory Services division who will support internal research projects and initiatives The Academy conducts in partnership with member health systems and healthcare companies. Working closely with the Senior Research Manager and reporting to the Director of Research & Strategy, the Content Specialist is directly involved with the daily operations of all Academy research initiatives, including assisting with evaluating new research projects, concept mapping, conducting literature reviews, building and deploying research surveys, scheduling phone calls with members, taking notes during interviews (over the phone and in-person), analyzing survey data, and developing reports, proposals and presentations. The Content Specialist will also be responsible for creating and distributing internal weekly research status drafting, editing reports and other thought leadership deliverables, and supporting the content needs of Academy Forums and Collaboratives attended by C-suite executives of health systems and healthcare companies. The final written research and thought leadership reports are often presented and discussed at Academy meetings, featured on our website and digital newsletters, and regularly featured in various press and media outlets.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, motivated self-starter with strong writing, analytic and critical thinking skills. They will have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Provide background research for projects and reports on topics related to health services and health policy
- Develop, write, plan, design, and delivery of requests for proposals and information supporting Academy’s strategic sales objectives
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews using electronic databases and synthesize findings
- Draft and edit findings briefs, reports, proposals and presentations
- Create and format tables, charts, presentations and other graphics
- Support project staff with activities including conference calls, webinars, in-person meetings - including presenter coordination and material preparation for C-suite executive audiences
- Assist in the development of new programs and projects, including drafting proposals, and assisting in the implementation of those projects
- Create qualitative and quantitative survey instruments
- Take detailed, comprehensive notes during administration of research surveys and interviews
- Collect, input and analyze health services & health policy data
- Author content for AcademyNet and other digital platforms
- Assist with presenting research findings at Academy meetings
- Ensure quality control of all deliverables
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Research Staff and Executive Director, Research & Advisory
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated interest in public health, health services research, or health policy
- Minimum of 6 months of work or internship experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience writing in depth reports in a professional setting
- Articulate and professional; excellent customer and client service skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work independently and in a collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated skills in researching and analyzing healthcare issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue
- Interest in learning and mastering new issues and topics
Work and Travel Requirements
Air travel and overnight stays may be required. Travel may involve attendance at selected Academy Forums and Collaboratives, prospective client meetings, and on-site interview opportunities, which may comprise approximately 5-10% of time.
The Content Specialist may later advance to a Senior Content Specialist and/or Associate. Designation decisions are made by the Executive Director and Academy Executive Leadership. Such a move will require the Content Specialist to demonstrate applied knowledge of health services research as reflected in authored deliverables (e.g., proposals, executive summaries, literature reviews)), successfully meeting project deadlines, integrating feedback, and thriving in team-based work environment.
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.