The Academy is currently looking for a leader to fill a Forum Director role, a key member of the Educational Services team.
The Forum Director works actively on the development of member educational programming and related content targeted for senior executives of the largest health systems. During the process of developing content, the Forum Director will solidify and expand relationships with members. The Academy typically assigns two or more forums to each Forum Director.
The Forum Director will interact with member executives, health care thought leaders and staff to identify ideas for and develop programming content for their respective programs. They will recruit members and industry experts to present content and guide the development of presentation materials to meet educational objectives. They will design short "quick hitting" surveys of members on contemporary topics of interest. They will collaborate with leadership of The Academy's other departments or programs (e.g., fellowship programs, collaboratives, research and benchmarking, and health policy) on identifying and shaping appropriate programs based upon insights gathered from members and other industry thought leaders. They will develop agendas for forum meetings, working closely with Meeting Services on coordinating logistics to ensure a world class educational experience for our members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive program of interactive educational content;
- Strengthen and maintain relationships between The Academy and executive members;
- Collaborate across departments to share ideas and insights on industry thought leadership;
- Conduct research on contemporary topics to remain current on industry developments and trends;
- Identify and recruit members and other industry thought leaders and experts to develop and present educational material;
- Take ownership of or assist in the conduct and production of on-going benchmark reports;
- Work closely with Meeting Services staff to integrate programming and meeting logistics requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project management expertise required;
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels, including high level executives;
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry required;
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office required;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop and present educational content;
- Persistent creativity in the conduct of their work that will guarantee market differentiation;
- Experience in presenting information to executive teams and facilitating group discussions;
- Proven success establishing credibility with senior executives internally and externally and the ability to inspire our members;
- Ability to identify developing evolving critical needs within membership base.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the healthcare industry preferred;
- Master's degree (MPH, MHA, or MBA) required;
- Relevant experience in educational or other content development and delivery preferred.
Work and Travel Requirements
- Air travel and overnight stays will be required. Travel involves attendance at selected meetings, and site visits and may comprise approximately 20-25% of time.
- This is an exempt position and may require more than 40 hours per week to accomplish duties assigned. In addition, there will be times when night and weekend work will be required. A Forum Director is required to work the number of hours and days necessary to accomplish the assigned tasks. There is flexibility in the work schedule and leave policy to offset some of the inconvenience.
The Academy recruits, rewards and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high- growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched Simple IRA; flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and generous paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements via email to Lan Nguyen, Director of Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.