Founded in 1998, The Health Management Academy is exclusively comprised of executive members from the country's largest integrated health systems and a strategic balance of the industry's most innovative companies. The Academy's model of educational programming assesses the top priorities of its members, monitors the organization and development of large health system executive teams, and facilitates structured interaction among its health system members. Peer-focused, problem-solving based programs—where the latest Academy research, policy analysis and expert views on the issues driving healthcare are analyzed and discussed—create the foundation for developing the leadership strategies and skills needed to guide strategically critical health system decisions.
The Academy is currently looking for a leader to fill its Director, Advisory Services role, a key member of The Academy’s Education Services Team.
The Director is responsible for interfacing continuously with C-Suite executives of member Health Systems to foster deep, broad relationships, applying and packaging The Academy’s programs and services to meet their challenges; and sensing patterns among members’ needs to develop new products and services. Additionally, this role is responsible for directing business units and increasing value for C-Suite executives through application/advisory for use of specific program (Executive Forums or Collaboratives) they lead.
- Interact with C-Suite executives to apply existing products and services and develop new ones
- Develop and analyze trends through telephonic and in-person interaction with C-Suite executives
- Develop comparative best practices and present through briefings and educational sessions to executive members
- Monitor engagement progress; answer questions and devise solutions to members’ challenges
- Review and approve support documentation, work plans, and other deliverables
- Develop curricula, research documents, teaching plans, meeting agendas, and other support material for meetings with C-Suite executives
- Monitor members’ satisfaction, manage continuous improvement process and assure engagement efficiency and quality
- Participate in new product and service conceptualization and planning - Identify cross sell opportunities and support sales process
- Master’s degree, MPH, MBA, MHA, preferably healthcare related
- Background in health care consulting with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas of hospital operations: revenue cycle management, clinical utilization, throughput and efficiency, cost management
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Ability to create compelling stories informed with healthcare related data and proven best practice research
- Ability to identify C-Suite executive members’ relationships and cultivate those relationships to result in new business
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships
- Possess intellectual curiosity, persistence and creativity in problem solving
- Team-oriented but also highly self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Possess 3+ years of professional experience and at least three of the following: - Consulting experience
- Experience working in healthcare industry
- Client management experience
- Experience presenting to senior executive level audience or facilitating training sessions
Work and Travel Requirements:
- Air travel and overnight stays will be required. Travel involves attendance at selected meetings and may comprise approximately 20-25% of time.
- This is an exempt position and may require more than 40 hours per week to accomplish duties assigned. In addition, there will be times when night and weekend work will be required. An Associate Forum Director is required to work the number of hours and days necessary to accomplish the assigned tasks. There is flexibility in the work schedule and leave policy to offset some of the inconvenience.
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about The Health Management Academy, please visit www.academynet.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.