The Director of Health Policy & Strategy, works cross-functionally within The Health Management Academy (“The Academy” or “HMA”) and The Academy Advisors (“TAA”), the health policy affiliate of The Academy. The Director of Health Policy & Strategy will conduct analysis and research focused on regulatory and legislative policies affecting large integrated health systems, assist with development of The Academy Advisors annual agenda and priorities, and educate members and external stakeholders about ongoing issues of strategic importance. The Director of Health Policy & Strategy will also assist in recruiting and maintaining relationships with members, take responsibility for the Government Payer Collaborative, and support the Government Relations Officer Forum.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Conduct policy analysis and write policy briefs on key topics relevant to leading health systems;
- Communicate with The Academy Advisors members and, as appropriate, maintain ongoing relationships with health system executives;
- Advance ideas for new strategies and products/services for TAA;
- Lead the Government Payer Collaborative by researching and developing the agenda, sourcing speakers, managing logistics, and liaising with the Meetings Services team;
- Support the Executive Director with the Government Relations Officer Forum meetings through participating in discussions with members, identifying relevant regulatory policies impacting the group, and aiding in session development;
- Provide content expertise to inform internal Academy priorities and market research;
- Fill in for the Executive Director, as necessary, with internal and external speaking and client engagements;
- Independently, and in conjunction with the TAA Executive Director, publicly present the results of strategic analysis and research to C-suite executives and other external stakeholders at Academy meetings;
- Engage in strategic analysis related to healthcare policy, finance and administration, and develop written analyses that can be provided to C-suite executives and other external stakeholders;
- Work with Executive Director to develop annual strategic plan for TAA including revenue and expenses, while supporting general business development and marketing; and
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director, Chairman and CEO, President and other supervisors (if applicable).
- Master’s degree, MPH, MBA, MHA, preferably healthcare related
- Knowledge base of regulatory policy issues that affect the healthcare industry and healthcare providers; these include (but are not limited to) macro trends in Medicare and Medicaid payment policy, evolving payment models, and the shift towards value-based care;
- Strong project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction;
- Ability to identify C-Suite executive members’ relationships and cultivate those relationships to result in new business;
- Public speaking/presentation experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills;
- Organized and detail oriented;
- Proficient with research methods;
- Flexible and able to take on other duties as needed;
Work and Travel Requirements:
- Air travel and overnight stays will be required. Travel involves attendance at selected meetings and may comprise approximately 20-25% of time.
- This is an exempt position and may require more than 40 hours per week to accomplish duties assigned. In addition, there will be times when night and weekend work will be required. There is flexibility in the work schedule and leave policy to offset some of the inconvenience.
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched Simple IRA; flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.