About The Academy
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation. The Academy offers a dynamic atmosphere with significant growth potential for employees. If you are interested contributing to a member-centric, creative, and collaborative workforce while deeply influencing the most significant institutions in healthcare, The Academy is the right place for you.
The Academy Advisors is The Academy’s health policy division that serves to advance the interests of Leading Health System members through targeted education, collaboration and collective advocacy. We are excited to launch a search for an Executive Director who will be lead the policy team and maintain full responsibility and accountability for program design, member service, and growth. This role will responsible for setting and implementing TAA’s strategy each year (with input from members) and serving as a trusted, credible source of information among stakeholders.
The Executive Director of The Academy Advisors (TAA) is responsible for overseeing all activities for The Academy Advisors and all health policy activities for The Health Management Academy.
Roles And Responsibilities
Program Strategy and Execution
- Leverage relationships across the healthcare industry and the federal government to advance policies of interest to member health systems.
- Develop and execute special sessions and briefings to educate Members of Congress and their staffs about issues affecting Leading Health Systems.
- Manage a small team, department budget and outside consultants.
Content Oversight and Thought Leadership
- Serve as a trusted adviser to a broad set business lines; be visible and accessible to all employees within the relevant segments of the organization.
- Monitor and maintain information on legislation, regulation and policy, providing in-depth analysis to member health system executives.
- Speak at Health Management Academy’s executive forums and collaborative meetings to educate healthcare leaders on key policy activities.
- Author The Weekly Advisor, the Health Management Academy’s weekly health policy and industry periodical, distributed to 3,500 members and healthcare leaders.
- Develop periodic reports to update members on activities.
- Assist organizational colleagues in the development of policy sessions at various Academy forum meetings.
Member Relations and Development
- Build and manage relationships with Government Relations executives at member health systems.
- Build systems and processes to strengthen and enhance member engagement.
- Work closely with business development to grow membership and identify additional revenue opportunities.
- Master’s degree, MPH, MBA, MHA, preferably healthcare related;
- 7+ years of experience in health or public policy, research, or advocacy;
- Deep understanding of laws and regulatory policy at the state and federal level that affect the healthcare industry, and knowledge of the policymaking process;
- Experience working with the federal agencies to influence the rulemaking process;
- Strong existing relationships across both the healthcare industry and the federal government;
- Strong project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction;
- Ability to develop relationships with executive members and cultivate those relationships to result in new business;
- Strong public speaking/presentation experience with an ability to synthesize, distill, and communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
Work & Travel Requirements
- Air travel and overnight stays will be required. Travel involves attendance at selected meetings and may comprise approximately 20-25% of time.
- This is an exempt position and may require more than 40 hours per week to accomplish duties assigned. In addition, there will be times when night and weekend work will be required. There is flexibility in the work schedule and leave policy to offset some of the inconvenience.
We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about The Health Management Academy, please visit www.academynet.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.