The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation.
The Academy offers a dynamic atmosphere with significant growth potential for employees. If you are interested contributing to a member-centric, creative, and collaborative workforce while deeply influencing the most significant institutions in healthcare, The Academy is the right place for you.
The Member Relations and Development team represents The Academy in executive boardrooms at hospitals and health systems. Our business development teams are pivotal to the growth of our firm. They help launch new programs and lines of business while generating revenue and expanding our impact on an industry that matters to everyone.
- Develop and execute strategic plan for selling memberships and solutions within an assigned prospect pool of members aligned with The Academy’s mission and vision for attractive members
- Drive revenue growth in territory through acquisition of new members and penetration of existing member accounts; prioritizing enterprise contracts
- Conduct consultative one-on-one onsite presentations to educate prospective members on our services
- Possess ability to develop and nurture relationships with CXO audience across industry members
- Leverage your understanding of the priorities, challenges, and opportunities within the health system space and effectively map industry members’ goals and objectives to Academy solutions
- Collaborate with Educational Services to effectively segment and prioritize accounts and partner with account management team to ensure strong NPS and achievement of member success metrics
- Facilitate a smooth hand-off of closed business to Account Manager while continuing to advise and support on member satisfaction and renewal planning
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in Sales, Client, or Account Management
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Willingness to travel at least 50 percent
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of sales or sales support experience
- Desire to succeed in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future proposition of a product
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative-based sales experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched Simple IRA; flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.