About The Academy
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation.
The Academy offers a dynamic atmosphere with significant growth potential for employees. If you are interested contributing to a member-centric, creative, and collaborative workforce while deeply influencing the most significant institutions in healthcare, The Academy is the right place for you.
The Meeting Services Director works directly with the Meeting Services team and Forum Directors to organize and coordinate Academy meetings and events. This role is also responsible for handling member relationships for assigned forums or special initiatives. Additionally, the Meeting Services Director is responsible for the organization and execution of their semi-annual membership meetings.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with high level health system executives & industry members
- Write, distribute and track communication and marketing efforts
- Manage all assigned meetings from start to finish, including RFP, hotel contract, rooming lists, meeting specifications, event orders, onsite management (logistics and registration) and budget management.
- Draft, manage, and execute a 20-week work plan outlining all meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Conduct weekly update meetings with key stakeholders, hold team members accountable to deadlines.
- Work with the Meeting Services Manager to prepare onsite for all aspects of a meeting: daily schedule at a glance creation, materials printing, verifying room set-ups, monitoring food & beverage, dinner seating assignments and management, onsite attendee registration, etc.
- Create, compile, manage, and report meeting data using Cvent or other software programs
- Create event registration forms and websites using Cvent.
- Create and update event websites
- Coordinate member registrations (hotel, activities, dietary restrictions, etc.)
- Help create and maintain the Crowd Compass app.
- Work with Forum Director to organize presentations and session materials for the meeting, and upload them to the mobile app and AcademyNet.
- Various other office/meeting tasks as assigned. This might include other duties such as, updating member directories, preparing and printing meeting supplies for shipment, shipping supplies, ordering meeting supplies etc.
- Demonstrated ability to execute operationally
- Outgoing, action-oriented individual with strong work ethic and hands-on attitude
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented business environment
- Ability to interact with high level executives in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills for interactions with clients, meeting attendees, vendors and members
- Strong communication (written and verbal), proofreading, time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail
- Problem solving, flexible, analytical thinking, ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Able to take on other duties as needed
- Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with SharePoint a plusFluency with Event Management Software such as Cvent
- Technology Savvy
Essential Job Functions
Education and Experience
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.