About The Academy
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain
national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation.
The Research Analyst (RA) is a key member of the Strategic Research & Insights Team who will support internal research projects and initiatives. The RA will conduct primary and secondary research to compose analytical and strategic briefs for C-suite executives of major healthcare stakeholders. The Academy conducts in partnership with member health systems and healthcare companies. Working closely with the Senior Research Manager and reporting to the Director of Research & Strategy, the RA will lead and execute a variety of qualitative and quantitative research contracts and projects.
Examples of past Academy Research Projects include evaluations of health system responses to industry trends (e.g. transitioning from volume to value, opioid epidemic), identifying best practices in delivering high-value care (e.g., telehealth), and tracking health system financial and demographic metrics over time (e.g. percent of revenue tied to Medicare Advantage). The ideal candidate is highly organized, a self-starter, great writer and eager to take on new challenges. Early career professionals with
two to four years of substantive work experience in a health care policy or research setting are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and apply knowledge and context in which health care is organized, financed and delivered as it relates to the strategic priorities of large health systems and healthcare companies
- Build qualitative and qualitative survey instruments
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Work on a team to support a variety of research and thought leadership activities including conference calls, webinars, inperson meetings, research agenda development, and client presentations
- Author policy papers, briefs, and findings reports for distribution
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Academy members and other client stakeholders
- Assist in evaluating new research projects and thought leadership initiatives
- Administer qualitative surveys via phone and in-person with C-suite executives
- Input, harmonize and analyze data collected from qualitative and quantitative assessments
- Assist with presenting research findings at Academy meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Research Staff and Director of Research & Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in health policy, economics, public health or related field including training in quantitative and qualitative analytic methods is preferred
- 2-4 years of substantive work experience in health policy, healthcare management, or health services
- Strong project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction
- Demonstrated skills in researching and analyzing healthcare issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent analytic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, including ability to drafting of interview guides, execute studies, and produce syntheses of key findings
- Articulate – written and oral - and professional; excellent customer and client service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work independently and in a collaborative work environment
Work and Travel Requirements
Air travel and overnight stays may be required. Travel may involve attendance at selected Academy meetings and on-site interview opportunities, which may comprise approximately 20-25% of time.
The Research Analyst may later advance to Senior Research Analyst. Designation decisions are evaluated and approved by the Director of Research & Strategy and Academy Executive Leadership. Such a move will require the Research Analyst to demonstrate applied knowledge of health services research as reflected in authored deliverables (e.g., literature reviews, findings reports), successfully meeting project deadlines, integrating feedback, and thriving in team-based work environment.
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.