The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is a knowledge-based company exclusively for the executives of the largest integrated health systems and the industry's most innovative healthcare companies. Founded in 1998, the same decade that many of the leading health systems were created, The Academy and its members have evolved together. Since its inception, The Academy has built a material record of leadership development, independent research, and policy analysis, and has become the definitive trusted source for peer-to-peer learning of the largest integrated health systems.
The Research Associate is a key member of the Strategic Research & Insights Team who will support internal research projects and initiatives The Academy conducts in partnership with member health systems and healthcare companies. Working closely with the Senior Research Manager and Associate Research Director and reporting to the Director of Research & Strategy, the Research Associate is directly involved with the daily operations of all Academy research initiatives, including assisting with evaluating new research projects, conducting literature reviews, building and deploying research surveys, scheduling phone calls with members, taking notes during interviews (over the phone and in-person), analyzing survey data, and developing reports and presentations. The Research Associate will also be responsible for creating and distributing internal weekly research status drafting, editing reports and other thought leadership deliverables, and supporting the content needs of Academy Forums and Collaboratives attended by C-suite executives of health systems and healthcare companies. The final written research and thought leadership reports are often presented and discussed at Academy meetings, featured on our website and digital newsletters, and regularly featured in various press and media outlets.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, motivated self-starter with strong writing, analytic and critical thinking skills. They will have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Provide background research for projects and reports on topics related to health services and health policy
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews using electronic databases and synthesize findings
- Draft and edit findings briefs, reports and presentations
- Create and format tables, charts, presentations and other graphics
- Support project staff with activities including conference calls, webinars, in-person meetings - including presenter coordination and material preparation for C-suite executive audiences
- Assist in the development of new programs and projects, including drafting proposals, and assisting in the implementation of those projects
- Create qualitative and quantitative survey instruments
- Take detailed, comprehensive notes during administration of research surveys and interviews
- Collect, input and analyze health services & health policy data
- Author content for AcademyNet and other digital platforms
- Assist with presenting research findings at Academy meetings
- Ensure quality control of all deliverables
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Research Staff and Director of Research & Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated interest in public health, health services research, or health policy
- Minimum of 6 months of work or internship experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience writing in depth reports in a professional setting
- Articulate and professional; excellent customer and client service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work independently and in a collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated skills in researching and analyzing healthcare issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue
- Interest in learning and mastering new issues and topics
Work and Travel Requirements
Air travel and overnight stays may be required. Travel may involve attendance at selected Academy meetings and on-site interview opportunities, which may comprise approximately 15% of time.
The Research Associate may later advance to Senior Research Associate and/or Junior Research Analyst. Designation decisions are made by the Director of Research & Strategy and Academy Executive Leadership. Such a move will require the Research Associate to demonstrate applied knowledge of health services research as reflected in authored deliverables (e.g., literature reviews, findings reports), successfully meeting project deadlines, integrating feedback, and thriving in team-based work environment.
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched Simple IRA; flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Holly Metz, Staff Consultant, via email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.