The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is made up of a network of executives from the nation’s largest integrated health systems and the most innovative health services companies striving to shape the future of healthcare. Since 1998, The Academy has convened executive peer groups, provided leadership development programs, and conducted strategic market research & policy analysis to enhance health system effectiveness and inform strategy. Members leverage The Academy’s network and resources to gain national perspective on best-practices that improve care and facilitate industry transformation.
The Academy offers a dynamic atmosphere with significant growth potential for employees. If you are interested contributing to a member-centric, creative, and collaborative workforce while deeply influencing the most significant institutions in healthcare, The Academy is the right place for you.
The Member Development team represents The Academy in executive boardrooms at hospitals and health systems. Our business development teams are pivotal to the growth of our firm. They help launch new programs and lines of business while generating revenue and expanding our impact on an industry that matters to everyone.
- Target prospective members through background market research and direct contact
- Maintain prospective membership pool through telephone networking and campaigns
- Monitor industry trends to tailor marketing and member development efforts
- Assist Member Development Representative with relationship-building efforts
- Schedule member relationship development appointments with prospective members
- Prepare background institution and market research in preparation for member development visits
- Prepare follow-up materials
- Facilitate in finalizing membership agreements and closing prospects
- Maintain CRM data to capture a 360-degree view of member experience (key contacts, memberships, active memberships, renewals, relationship history, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent academic record
- Experience in Customer Service, Leadership, Sales, or working in a Team Environment
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience thinking through problems creatively
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; strong prioritization and organizational skills