BUILDING A LEADERSHIP CULTURE: MENTORSHIP, PERSPECTIVE & IMPACT
The renowned Academy GE Fellows Program has set the industry standard for developing tomorrow's C-suite health system leaders. The comprehensive two-year leadership development program is designed exclusively for high-potential and exceptional administrative, financial, nurse, and physician executives who are nominated for participation by health system leadership and who have been selected to assume significant leadership positions within their health system.
Overview: A Journey to Frontline Impact
GE is world-renowned for its leadership acumen and ability to prepare executives to transform industries. The Academy Fellowship programs include an exclusive and interdisciplinary seminar hosted by GE at the internationally-known Jack Welch Leadership Development Center.
- For each Fellowship, 6-8 select Academy members, identified as high-potential for executive leadership by their health system, are groomed to take the reins.
- Over two years, the combination of hands-on, peer-interactive programs and a self-selected action project are used to develop the critical skills and strategic perspectives necessary to assume increasingly responsible health system positions.
- Fellows participants nurture and build a life-long peer network of similar, high-achieving executives that can be called upon for perspective, guidance and support throughout their career.
Bottom Line Results
From its inception in 2006:
- Over 75% of Fellowship graduates have been promoted
- Graduates span the health system C-suite, holding titles of: CEO, CAO, CFO, CCO, CMO, CNO, CHRO
- 50+ health systems sponsored one or more Fellows
AN ALUMNI'S PERSPECTIVE
Dr. Robert H. Groves, Jr. Vice President, Health Management at Banner Health and Physician Fellows program graduate shares his perspectives on The Academy GE Fellows Program in this interview with Academy Executive-in-Residence, Dr. Mike Guthrie.