ACCELERATING PHYSICIAN LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL
The Academy Physician Leadership Program is a multi-course fast-track approach that equips high-potential physician leadership talent with the perspective and skills needed to accelerate performance.
The program is designed exclusively for physicians (10-15 years post-medical school) who have an established interest in large health system leadership and have been sponsored by a senior executive. The intensive series of educational courses help physicians prepare to lead and drive organizational transformation through innovative sessions that engage physicians in multiple types of hands-on and interactive learning:
- One-on-one coaching to glean personality and behavior insights
- Large group discussions with experts, supported by interactive team breakouts and workshops
- Active group problem solving with personal, in-practice assignments for real-world experience
- Case studies and presentations that demonstrate participants have developed the skills needed for frontline impact
In keeping with The Academy experience
- Top-tier faculty lead the highly motivated group of physician peers through real-world management and leadership training, focused exclusively on developing tomorrow's Top-100 physician leaders.
- The fast-track, six-month, 60-hour program includes three structured, collegial meetings focused on enriching learning while building life-long peer relationships.
- Curriculum spans health system issues from new payment models and physician alignment strategies, to financial and operational management, while developing the leadership skills needed to propel physicians into leadership positions.
THE ACADEMY STEPS TO FRONTLINE IMPACT
"The Health Management Academy's physician leadership program is a really terrific program for aspiring physician leaders and allows evolving leaders an option to fill development gaps."
—Tim Friel, M.D., Lehigh Valley Health Network